The effects of poor or old electrical wiring can be potentially dangerous. If your property is being renovated, it is essential that you check if any rewiring work is necessary in order to alleviate any possible risks or hazards from faulty wires. If the house you live in was built before or around 1984, you maybe potentially looking to upgrade.
Faulty wires and appliances can also lead to injuries such as electrocution and potential fire hazards, which emphasises the importance of properly tending to and rewiring a property correctly. There are a number of noticeable factors when a property is in need of rewiring. As mentioned before, a property that was built before or around 1984 has its original wiring will most likely need to be rewired, not just for safety reasons, but also in order to meet modern standards.
If you are interested in purchasing an older property, a thorough check should be completed by a qualified electrician before buying it to make sure the wiring is safe. If you are extending part of your house or converting it, all new and updated wiring will need to comply with the latest building regulations to ensure safety and security.
As well as improving safety in a household, rewiring also creates the chance to re locate light switches and number of lights in the room, this can help make a room feel bigger and brighter. The number of sockets in a room and positions can be tailored to your needs, this can reduce need for extension leads making the installation safer.
Warning signs that show you that your electrical system is out dated and may need rewiring:
- Old rewireable fuses
- Switches with a wooden back box
- Sockets in skirting boards
- Black rubber cable
- VIR cable (Vulcanized Indian Rubber)
- Fuses blowing regularly
- Cables with no earth
- Bare copper earth running under the floor.
- Old cable conductors (red and black)
- Aluminum wiring present in the home
- Burning smell.
- Buzzing or crackling noise from switches and sockets
Denholm Electrical provides full and part rewiring services by a qualified, experienced electrician at competitive prices. You can be rest assured that all work will be carried out to your property with minimal disruption and in accordance with all relevant regulations and safety standards.
For further information regarding our rewiring services in Aberdeen and to discuss your requirements with us, please contact us for free advice, a free property inspection and quotation on 07916 974 636. Alternatively, you can contact us by way of email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by using our contact form on our contact page.
Our rewiring services include:
- Fully assessing the work required and provide you with a full quotation before we start
- Check the existing connection to make sure it meets the correct electrical standard
- Carry out the rewire, ensuring that we perform a full electrical safety test on all wiring
- Test that the circuit and fuse board are functioning as they should
- Replace the Consumer with latest products
- Check all sockets and power outputs to ensure they conform to current building regulations
- Provide a copy of a rewiring certificate for electrical installation, detailing all the work completed